Chinook Winds Spray Park
Completed in 2016
The Chinook Winds Regional Park in Airdrie, Alberta is a large multi-district park destination with a large recirculation spray park, playgrounds, ball-diamonds, skate park, multi-use courts, and running paths.
GLVT in partnership with van der Zalm (VDZ), Playworks, and the City of Airdrie designed and built Chinook Winds Spray Park Phase II.
- VDZ designed, engineered, and consulted.
- GLVT was the subcontractor, conducted the earthwork, softscaping, general landscaping, retrofit of the existing mechanical system with new mechanical system, installed custom storm system, shade structure install, installed an additional tank and manhole for the drainage system, installed the spray activity center, installed all concrete work, and acted as the prime contractor.
- Playworks was the General Contractor, provided the design and supply of equipment, and subcontracted the pour in place rubber.
- Softline Solutions supplied and installed the Pour-in-place rubber.
- Waterplay manufactured the spray park and recirculation system
GLVT is a leader in installing commercial playground equipment, playground site preparation, playground resilient surfacing, etc
GLVT specializes in the complete builds of flow through and recirculating Spray parks.
From replacements and fixes to full rebuilds if necessary, we are your go to provider for making sure all of your park and open space features stay running in top shape.
GLVT installs everything from small modular systems to large concrete skate parks. We specialize in Skate Park design, construction, and installation.
Landscaping & Earthworks
Landscaping and Earthworks can take any park or open space to the next level. At GLVT, we perform all aspects of earthwork and landscaping.
GLVT makes it easy to add a bridge to your park space.
Gazebos & Shelters
GLVT installs gazebos, shelters, and site furnishings of all sizes.
Adding Site Furnishings are a great way to increase the usability of your open space.
We can manage your construction project from start to finish and make the whole process smooth and easy for you.
At GLVT we design, build, and install high-quality public washrooms, change rooms, showers, and other related park buildings.
Installing Tuffcoat rubberized coating is a great way to do that for a fraction of what pour in place costs.