Completed in 2019
The ArrKann Spray Park and Playground in Ardrossan is a large farm themed multi-district park destination with a large recirculation spray park, playground with pour-in-place playground, large gazebo, and farmhouse mechanical building. There’s a dog park, beautiful walkways, and lots of seating for parties and events. In the wintertime, the spray park turns into an ice skating area that leads to a full-size outdoor skating rink. With the Ardrossan recreation center nearby there are even warm bathrooms and change rooms.
GLVT in partnership with LandTec, IBI, and Strathcona county designed and built Ardrossan Phase II.
- IBI designed and consulted
- LandTec was the general contractor, conducted the earthwork, softscaping, and general landscaping.
- GLVT was responsible for the recirculation spray park, playground, gazebo, all concrete work, as well as designed and installed the mechanical building.
- Playquest designed and supplied the playground and equipment
- Canadian recreation solutions supplied the gazebo
- Vortex manufactured the spray park and recirculation system
- Burke manufactured the playground
- Superior shelters manufactured the shelter