GLVT specializes in park construction, playground install, spray park install, concrete work, and landscaping. If you are looking for a unique career and want to be part of a fast-growing, family-owned company with a high energy team you will not be disappointed.
GLVT is currently hiring entry level and experienced labourers.
- Be a dependable teammate.
- Follow direction from your foreman or supervisor.
- Perpetuate quality workmanship and honesty.
- Be open-minded and willing to learn.
- Perform all duties keeping safety paramount while completing the tasks.
- Perform skilled manual labour including but not limited to: Raking, shovelling, wheelbarrowing, sweeping, etc.
- Operate and maintain various hand and power tools
- Complete pre-start checks on equipment and job checklists.
- Opportunity to work with and learn some heavy machinery including skid steers, gas axes & excavators.
- Working outside consistently with exposure to all seasonal weather conditions in a physically demanding environment.
- Long hours including overtime (up to 12-hour days), including weekends as required depending on the project demand.
- Work all over Western Canada, or in remote locations (based in Edmonton)
- PPE (personal protective equipment) and safety supplies will be provided by GLVT. The only exception is CSA-certified Steel Toe Boots, which the employee will need to bring
- Employees are required to supply wear pants /jeans and a sleeved shirt, a minimum 4” long
- Must be capable of carrying heavy loads.
- Must have their own vehicle, a valid class 5 driver licence and provide their own transportation to various locations in the Greater Edmonton area.
- Good communication skills.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCED LABOURERS:
- Skid steer experience, with additional equipment experience preferred.
- Experience with safely loading and securing equipment and supplies
- A clean driving record and be willing to provide a driver’s abstract.
Assets Preferred but not required:
- First Aid, CPSI CAN -Z14 certificate, or other valid safety certifications
- High school diploma or equivalent or any post-secondary education
- Experience working outdoors
- Landscaping experience
- Experience in playground, spray park, or park space construction
- Experience operating construction equipment
- Experience operating truck and trailer
- Reading grade stakes or construction drawings
- Experience using a laser level
Seasonal Labourers – $20/hour
Job Type: Seasonal.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.