GLV Construction specializes in Park and Recreational Construction. If you are looking for a unique career and want to be part of a fast-growing, family-owned company with a high energy team you will not be disappointed.
GLV is currently hiring entry level and experienced labourers, come begin or advance your career with us.
GLV offers competitive wages, and a fun and rewarding working environment. This role offers an opportunity for a long-term career position and room for advancement in a small company with added incentives, project specific bonuses and wage increases for long-term employees.
- Be a dependable teammate.
- Follow directions from your foreman or supervisor.
- Demonstrate quality workmanship and honesty.
- Be open-minded and willing to learn.
- Perform all duties keeping safety paramount while completing the tasks.
- Perform skilled manual labour including but not limited to: Raking, shovelling, wheelbarrowing, sweeping, etc.
- Operate and maintain various hand and power tools
- Complete pre-start checks on equipment and job checklists.
- Opportunity to work with and learn some heavy machinery including skid steers, gas axes & excavators.
- Working outside consistently with exposure to all seasonal weather conditions in a physically demanding environment.
- Long hours including overtime (up to 12-hour days), including weekends as required depending on the project demand.
- Work all over Alberta, or in remote locations (based in Edmonton)
- PPE (personal protective equipment) and safety supplies will be provided by GLVT. The only exception is CSA-certified Steel Toe Boots, which the employee will need to bring.
- Employees are required to wear pants /jeans and a sleeved shirt, a minimum 4” long.
- Must be physically fit and be able to lift up to 50lbs or 22kgs.
- Must have their own vehicle, a valid class 5 driver’s licence and provide their own transportation to various locations in the Greater Edmonton area.
- Good communication skills.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCED LABOURERS
- Skid steer experience, with additional equipment experience preferred.
- Experience with safely loading and securing equipment and supplies.
- A clean driving record and be willing to provide a driver’s abstract.
Assets Preferred but not required:
- First Aid, CPSI CAN -Z14 certificate, or other valid safety certifications
- High school diploma or equivalent or any post-secondary education
- Landscaping experience
- Experience with park or recreational construction
- Commercial or industrial construction experience
- Experience operating truck and trailer
- Reading grade stakes, laser level and/or construction drawings.
Starting at $21.50 per hour
Job Type: Full-time or Seasonal.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.